The Arrival of My Hobonich Techo 2015

I can't tell you how frustrated I was with UK customs. My package had been with them for a whole heap of time before they sent me the charges (which are stupidly expensive) and then they made me wait the whoooole day before delivering it. It came shortly before 9pm. Is that a time to deliver stuff? There was no warning or anything. They should pay me for the inconvenience. All the moaning out of the way, let's get onto the good stuff!

The package arrived in a yellow paper bag with Hobonichi logos and inside it was this lovely green box. I have no idea what this means but I assume it says something like "Welcome to your brand new awesome journal!"





Then the most exciting part! Inside the box was:


My order! I had ordered the Hobonichi Techo 2015 Cousin (which is the A5 journal), some sticker savers (more on this in another post), and a Crazy Flower Cover on Cover (for the A6 journal I was planning on buying). The pen and this strange yellow thing, which I've come to learn is a tissue holder, were free gifts.



Now, let us get to the actual journal. I can't tell you how nice it feels. For the first 20 minutes after taking it out of the box I felt like it was too nice to touch but then I couldn't STOP touching it. The pages are almost silky. They're very thin but also pretty special. They take ink very well!


When you open the journal there's this cover page followed by yearly calendars for this year, last year and next year.


Then there are monthly pages, followed by weekly pages, and finally daily pages.





It really is the ultimate journal/planner. You struggle to find planners like this that have good paper and all the things you need. This has it.

All of the months have a separate colour tab so it's easy to find what you're looking for and it gives it a lovely rainbow side, which I love!



At the back of the journal there are personal information sheets, birthdays, gifts, timetables and a couple of note pages. There's also a stamp which I assume is unique to each planner.




The Cousin journal is currently only available in Japanese, but it isn't a big deal at all. I think the Japanese writing just adds to the authenticity of the journal. It's still a very usable thing.

I was really nervous about writing in it, but I decided after about an hour of just looking at it to just go ahead and do it! I put it into my cover, that I had bought beforehand, and got down to it!



I feel like all the pages I ever do, will always feel like works in progress. This first page I did, is definitely a work in progress. I'm waiting for some galaxy washi tape to arrive and I may paint the left side of the page with black and draw some more stars. 




I hope you'll stick around for my journey through my Hobonichi as I'll be uploading new pages every week. If you have any tips for me regarding painting or pens or anything to do with the Hobonichi, please leave me a comment!

7 comments :

  1. Welcome to the Hobonichi world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elisa! I'm so excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey! It looks amazing - such a pretty cover!

    Charlie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey! It looks amazing - such a pretty cover!

    Charlie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Joey! I tagged you for the Liebster Award! You can read about it here - http://heycharlieblog.com/2015/01/26/leibsteraward/

    Charlie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, it does look really nice! I've been seeing so many Hobonichis out there that I'm so tempted to get one but I know I won't make good use of it. I've discovered that daily journaling is not suitable for me and still prefer ring-bound agendas for planning. By the way, I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award and see that Charlie has tagged your first :-) But I hope you can spare some time to play along anyway. You can find more info here: http://plannerbug.com/2015/01/the-liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joey, thanks for telling me that the Cousin's only available in Japanese. I'd decided a made an error in ordering when mine arrived. I love it anyway, of course, the the Japanese isn't a problem, but I'm glad to know I didn't make a mistake.

    Yours is beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing your pages for inspiration. :-)

    ReplyDelete