Filofax Pretties: Protecting your Planner

I don't know if like me, you worry about your Filofax like it's a little baby, the fruit of your looms, your most loved possession, but if you are one of those people then you might interested in seeing these. Ever since I bought my beautiful A5 Domino Patent, I've worried about it getting scratched, because it just has that material that is prone to scratches. I've kept it in it's cover, wrapped in a scarf until one day I thought "No more!" and decided to use my meagre sewing skills to construct a case for it.

I practised on my Personal Saffiano and this was the result:




I decided to do boxed corners on this one because it's quite a fat planner all the way through and the boxed corners allowed for more space. Just to prove that I'm not that adept at sewing, you can see that there was some unpicking going on on that corner. I'd originally made the corners massive and it was all baggy so I had to unpick and sew tighter for a better fit. I liked the end result and was quite pleased with myself so I tackled the A5 case, all on the same day!!




This planner is a little different because it tapers at the end opposite the rings so I felt it didn't need a boxed corner, so I just sewed it straight, all the way down. Look at that almost straight line of stitching! Go me!


Overall I'm very happy with my covers because they're protecting my Filos from scratches and that is what I intended for them to do. They're felt lined because I didn't have any wadding, but perhaps future ones will have wadding for even more protection.

If you'd like one of these, please feel free to email me to discuss options j.abrahams@outlook.com

13 comments :

  1. Oh so cute! Very nice job. Are they expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm thinking of selling them at £8 for Personal and £10 for A5 and then whatever postage will be to your destination. I'm still researching all that stuff!

      Delete
    2. Thank's, I'm coming back to you when my wallet has been filled up :) They are so cute!
      Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  2. Do you have a pattern? I would like to sew it on myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't! I just kinda free handed it. I doodled a little thing on a bit of paper before I cut it and then I was like 'Hmm, that's not going to work!'

      Delete
  3. Very nice. You would definitely need it for that patent Domino to remain scratch free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So scratch prone but so so pretty! I went through 3 different ones before I found mine!

      Delete
  4. I wanna buy a cute 15 pouch from you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I was like ':O I can't make 15 pouches in one go!' Send me an email with details and I'll message you back with prices :) You can email j.abrahams@outlook.com

      Delete