Philatelic Stamp Collecting: Yes, it is cool!

If you asked me a few years ago what I thought about stamp collecting, I'd probably tell you that it was a nerdy thing to do. If you ask me now, I'd tell you that it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. It's funny how stereotypical people are about things, even me.

That's all changed now and I think stamps are so awesome. I spend my time looking out for new, different stamps. I've obtained quite a few through post card swaps and letters with my penpals. Recently I spoke to my grandma about it and she showed me her collection of First Day Covers that date all the way back to 1969. I was mesmerised. I had no idea that it could be so cool. What's even better is that they're all addressed to my grandma from my grandpa. Can you get any more romantic? If my future husband (wherever he may be) posted things to me, I'd be putty in his hands.

I thought I would show you guys my current favourite stamps that I've obtained over this year. I'm going to keep collecting and maybe sometime soon, I'm going to start collecting First Day Covers so that I can show my grandchildren and they'll know that I was the coolest person ever in 2014.




























So many amazing ones! I'll do another post like this with ones I get in the future! Do you have any awesome stamps to show me? Recently I've seen Disney ones from Japan, I need to get my hands on some of those.

No comments :

Post a Comment