Stamp Markers Review

I forgot that I bought these stamp markers a while ago! I rediscovered them and thought I'd give them a go and she the process with you. In my collection of craft stamps, I have more acrylic ones and only a couple of rubber stamps just because rubber stamps seem to always be way more expensive. Anyway, this is what they look like and I was drawn to them because they are pretty pastel colours!



I didn't really know what I was doing but I assumed you just colour over the stamp to ink it up and then stamp as usual. This is what I got...


Not really the wonderful stamp effect I was hoping for!! Especially because the ink pad I usually use is a Stazon and it's amazing! I assumed I was doing something wrong and decided to Google and YouTube to see what other people were doing. I found a YouTube video where the lady inked it up and then breathed on the stamp. So I tried that and got a much better result! It's not a clear cut stamp attemt, but it's cute and has a watercolour sort of effect which you can't really go wrong with. 


Out of curiosity I decided to ink up one of my rubber stamps to see if there would be a difference.



The first attempt came out very faint but I feel the ink held more to the rubber stamps. This was proven in my next try, on some alphabet stamps I have. For these I used to medium tip on the pen instead of the brush tip.



These are much better results! I didn't push down at the bottom properly, but the top letters are looking nice and crisp.

No comments :

Post a Comment