Book Review: The Light Between Oceans


It's taken me less than two weeks to finish this novel. When a book is good, I can't put it down. I fall asleep reading it and wake up and reach for it and read it for hours if I have nothing else to do. I'm sure that I would have finished it much quicker if I didn't have things to do.

This was a book that takes you on an emotional ride. It's about two people who fall in love and try to make a life together, but they bump into so many obstacles and their story is sad and heart wrenching. A lighthouse is central to the story. There's so many significances with regards to the lighthouse, it's a beautiful metaphor.

All it took for me to want to read this book was the amazing front cover. It's the night sky that I fell in love with and then when I started reading, I couldn't put it down. How hard it must be for anyone to go through anything that is described in the story. I found myself tearing in a lot of places, but particularly the end. This novel has worked it's way into my top 10 novels. I think it's well worth the read.

No comments :

Post a Comment