I Heart Pavlova

My mama loves to make pavlova and I love it! So yesterday she showed me how to make it, and I thought I'd show you. It's very easy, especially if you have egg white powder. Some might say it's cheating, but so is buying ready made meringue! It just makes it quicker if you use egg white powder so you have a dessert faster. That's my selling point. 

Ok, so you will need: 


10 Tablespoons Water
1 Heaped Tablespoon Egg White Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup or 250ml Sugar (caster sugar is easier to blend, but you could use granulated if needs be) 

To Decorate: 
Fresh cream
Fruit of your choice




 1. Put the egg white powder and the water into a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy! Like in my picture!


2. Slowly add one cup of sugar while beating.



3. Beat the mixture until it starts to hold peaks. It looks all smooth and blended at this point. Add the Vanilla Extract


4. Spread the mixture over a baking tray that's covered with greaseproof paper. It's nice when you make it a little bit flatter, but it's really upto you how thick you want it to be. I'm not sure if it will bake all the way through if it's very thick.


6. Bake for 30 minutes at 150'C and then for 30 mins at 100'C.


7. When it's done baking it will be nice and hard and a light light browny colour. Let it cool all the way down.


 8. Whip the cream and add a little bit of icing sugar and vanilla to sweeten. Then top with chopped or sliced or diced fruit! 


9. Enjoy! :D


Om nom nom!

No comments :

Post a Comment